First things first, what is marketing automation? According to Marketo, marketing automation is a version of software that streamlines, automates, and measures marketing tasks and workflows so that companies can increase operational efficiency and grow revenue faster. Marketing automation replaces manual or repetitive marketing processes with performance-based applications and software that allow you to purposefully plan and execute
According to Frost & Sullivan, Australia’s cloud services market would soar from $1.23 billion in 2013 to $4.55 billion by 2018, and the subsequent investment in marketing automation would double to $1.8 billion from 2013-18. The rise in investment will result in a hiring boom targeting operators whose expertise lies in
According to Gartner, Australian businesses have invested $868 million in customer service, marketing,
Some interesting statistics for Marketing Automation in Australia, will give you an overview of the sector, and let you know why you should use Marketing Automation in your business.
Which business strategies can
marketing automation help with?
- Campaign Management and Lead Nurturing
- Email Marketing
- Lead Scoring
- Landing Page and Form Management
- Social and Multi-Channel Marketing
- CRM Integration
- Sales Tools
- Data Management
- Reporting and Analytics
Securityand International Support
- Technology, Infrastructure and Company Information
Which marketing automation tool has the most users?
These are the tools that
- Omniture Site Catalyst: 15.86%
- a Weber: 14.68%
- Infusionsoft: 10.24%
- Hubspot: 9.18%
- MyGuestlist: 5.19%
- Marketo: 4.57%
- Pardot: 3.29%
- Eloqua: 2.78%
- ClickDimensions: 2.72%
- Marin Software: 2.7%
- Hubspot (36.3%)
- Infusionsoft (24.3%)
- Marketo (11%)
- Pardot (8%)
- Eloqua (7.8%)
- Act-On (6.5%)
- Silverpop (2.8%)
- Ontraport (1.9%)
- Sharpspring (1.3%)
An overview of Australian Marketers and Market Leaders
A study by Forrester and Oracle shows that while Australian marketers are leaders and pioneers in the segments of marketing automation and integration, there still is a long way to go.
- 93% of local marketers are using marketing automation platforms, compared to 22% globally
- 83% of local businesses are willing to invest in marketing technology, compared to 64% globally
- Only 12% of marketers can be classified as ‘modern’ marketers.
- 41% of Marketers are classified as ‘developing’ marketers.
- 33% of marketers are classified as ‘experienced’ marketers.
- Nearly 50% of ‘modern marketers’ reported a 10% increase in their revenues in the preceding year
- Comparatively only 25% of the non-modern marketing leaders showed a similar increase
According to research conducted by Green Hat:
- 50 % of B2B organisations have a documented content marketing strategy
- 45% of B2B organisations have a documented social media strategy
- 70% of B2B marketers rated nurturing and progressing viable leads as significant in the 2016 BMR
- 44% of B2B marketers report a satisfactory lead follow-up by Sales during 2016
Cost of Lead Generation
This illustration shows that 37% of B2B Organisations are not aware or did not track the cost of
- 42% of
marketingAutomation platforms are integrated into the CRM
- 36% of B2B marketers will spend more than 20% of their 2017 budget on automation
According to a new study by Green Hat these are the new marketing budgets of B2B organisations for 2017:
This shows that there is a large variety of marketing budgets amongst companies with more than 50% spending less than $500k but with then a few spending more than $10 million.
The same companies were then asked where they expect to spend at least 20% of their marketing budget in the next 12 months
This graph shows that less than half of all companies surveyed had developed personas.
Benefits of using Marketing Automation
Marketing Automation Statistics in Australia show a large number of benefits for marketers using these tools.
- 5% increase in sales productivity
- 451% increase in qualified leads
- 10% increase or greater in revenue generation in 6 to 9 months
- At least 15% in savings for content production
- Relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails
- 10% increase in sales pipeline contribution
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases
- 53% higher conversions from initial responses to marketing qualified leads
Top Challenges of using Marketing Automation
According to the Marketing Automation Report of 2014, the following are the biggest challenges of using Marketing Automation Software.
- Budget constraints that prevent adoption of new software
- Lack of informed employees to manage marketing automation
- Cost and time required to train staff
- Poor contact database quality
- Lack of intelligent and marketable content
- Difficulty in using marketing automation software
- Overuse of email marketing as primary channel
Adopting marketing automation software has proven to benefit business in a myriad of ways. These Marketing Automation Stats for Australia give you a proper insight into the sector. For a more thorough understanding, contact an experienced marketing consultant who can guide you towards making the right choices when you want to invest in marketing automation.