- Twitter has close to 320 million users
- Twitter major user base is outside USA, which amounts to 79 percent
- Average monthly users on twitter was 255 million, which has constantly been growing
- Twitter's average time per user is 17 min every month
- Surprisingly grandparents are Growing Demographic on Twitter.
- 92 Percent of top businesses tweet at least once everyday
- According to recent twitter stats 20 percent of their users login once every day and 40 percent login once every month.
- In USA 50 percent of twitter users are under the age of 35 years
Percentage of internet users who use twitter
- Gender: Under this category 25 % are men and 21% are women users, whereas among all the facebook users, 66% are men and 77% are women.
- Ethnicity: White, Non -Hispanic 20%, Black, Non-Hispanic 28% and Hispanic 28%.
- Age group: People with age group 18-29 are highest in this category with 32% and least age group is 65+ with only 6%.
- Educational Background: High school grad or less 19% and college+ with 27%.
- Income group: people with highest income are 26% and people with lower income are 21%.
- Geographical location: People living in urban areas are using Twitter about 30% and Rural areas with 15%.