Since the launch of this visual social bookmarking service prototype in 2010 to a small group to 2015 pinterest has taken over $100 million active users by September 2015 and $176 million registered users by January 2015. Following is a brief analysis of pinterest users.
Pins on Pinterest are mostly about food and drinks, which comprises of 20 percent of all pins. Food and drinks are followed by crafts and home decor at 15 percent. Pets, hobbies and humour etc form the rest of 65 percent of pins.
- A whopping 81 percent users for Pinterest are females
- 7 percent of all tweets on Pinterest are from men
- Pinterest and instagram users fall together
- Majority of users who use Pinterest on daily basis are below 40 years
- More than half of Pinterest users belong to a high socio economic strata of society
- US social media users comprise of 30 percent Pinterest users. Among all internet users, 72% people are using Facebook.
- 60% of Pinterest users are from US.
- According to recent studies, it was found that Pinterest as a company is valued at 11 billion dollars
- Previously Pinterest stood at $5 billion.
- In year 2014, international users for Pinterest grew more than 135 percent hence the company is speculating an IPO for their future.
Percentage of internet users who use Pinterest:
Among 31% of Internet users currently using Pinterest between different categories are as follows:
- Gender: Under this category 16 % are men and 44% are women users.
- Ethnicity: White, Non -Hispanic 32%, Black, Non-Hispanic 23% and Hispanic 32%.
- Age group: People with age group 18-29 are highest in this category with 32% and least age group is 65+ with only 16%.
- Educational Background: High school grad or less 25% and some college with 37%.
- Income group: people with highest income are 30% and people with lower income are 24%.
- Geographical location: People living in urban areas are using Twitter about 26% and Suburban areas with 34%.
Other important social media statistics that you should know: