Nowadays, people are using social networking sites to an extent. Be it for business purpose or for personal use; social media is in high demand. Everyone wants to have maximum traffic on their sites. Everyone wants to have loyal customers, increases the number, hence in order to do so, it is necessary to catch the interest of visitors, and this only can be possible if we post updates that match the interests of our target audiences.So, what type of contents to post on Social media sites can actually attract the audience? Here, in this blog post, from a well-known Online Marketing Company in Melbourne; you will get perfect ideas, let’s proceed ahead:
What are the types of contents posted on social media can easily grab the attention of thousands of viewers including our target audience, these are our suggestions:
- Quotes: We all love to get inspiration from social media. Also, sometimes social media is a good entertainer. So, write quotes that inspirational, funny and motivational. These quickly grab the attention of users and these can serve as a perfect point of interaction.
- Giveaways and Contests: You might have seen many business pages on social media sites offering special discounts to those who get registered or even likes their social media page. Such contest and discounts actually help you reach thousands of people all over the globe.
- Fill in the blanks posts: We all love to reach great heights. Know the reviews of the people by using blank posts like “If I were president of my country………. Such things have huge attention now days.
- Help Out by Answering Questions: There are times when your website is down. Try to answer each and every question via your social fan pages. This will help you to gather more audience, as a feeling of trust is created if you answer them on time.
- Polls: Running polls manually on social media will boost your engagement, for example, which of these books is your favorite?
- Jokes and Lighthearted posts: You can see people sharing Laughing Colours’ posts on social media, and these posts have thousands of likes and shares. Try to make the social environment funny by posting such quotes and images that just make you laugh out loud!
- Behind the scenes photos: Keep your viewers updated with what’s going on in your company; post some pictures with your employees, some activities that you organize for employees to be happy.
- Statistics or data: Keep your audience updated with the industry by showing updated data on your business page.
- Images of cute kids: Kids photos get the most likes and shares. Videos of cute kids quickly go viral on Internet, keep sharing them.
- Questions: Ask your followers few questions, which they can answer quickly.
- Fan Photos: Share a customer photo with your product on Social media. It is necessary to showcase your love to your customers as well the love of the customer for your product. This will help to get more customers. As everyone wants to be a part of something special, people may purchase your product just because their photos will be seen on social media.
- Link to a guest post: Let’s say you have written a post on any website and are relevant to that topic, you find another link on the website. So, one can share the link from one post to another via social media.
- Post a branded image: Post a funny or inspirational image with your logo or website URL on it. Inspiration is the thing that people are longing for. If your logo has any motivational quote or link, then more audiences will be available to you.
- Ask for advice: Post a situation and ask your followers how they react. Opinions from followers always help you. The ones whose ideas work best will be rewarded.
- Product photos: This idea works mostly on Pinterest or Instagram. Think about how you can add an angle to the shots. In this online world, things can be seen and to be touched or felt before purchasing. Hence, it is necessary to have proper product images that can help you to display your product in the way they are.
- Photos that have nothing to do with your product or business: Convey the feeling behind your brand. For example, Starbucks shares pictures of sunshine, warmth and friends not just coffee.
- Behind the scenes product shots: Photos of how your products being manufactured or sourced. These create trust and confidence that the products you sell are 100% genuine.
- Ask for input on your products: Your customers will love giving their thoughts on how to improve your products. Online reviews are useful to get customers’ opinions and feedback.
- Let Pinterest Inspire You: Pinterest is a goldmine in terms of finding beautiful images you can share, particularly images with quotes. Just be sure to give proper credit.
- Book Recommendations: Share a book and explain why the book is helpful. The more you offer useful information to your customers rather just marketing your products, the more likely they are to be with you.
- Celebrate Company Milestones: Celebrate milestones with your audience, such as anniversary or welcoming a new team member. Let’s say your company successfully completed one year of accomplishment, celebrate it with your customers.
- Dates that are Fun Celebrating: Take advantage of fun days, such as lefthanders day. These serve as the perfect purpose to spread awareness about your brand. You can also sponsor some events, you will feel you will get maximum audience.
- Evergreen Content: Posts from past few years are still relevant and applicable in today’s world, such as tips for a safe journey. Keep posting content that is useful to people, and they probably will stick to your social media page.
- Bust a Myth: Try to debunk a misconception related to your industry and share it in a very short format. We live in a society that has various myths. Find the truth and break a myth.
- Interview Staff Members: This is another way to keep your audience in the loop. Sneak peeks are always fun, and people love watching.
- Link to case study: Case studies are more likely to deliver useful information. Share some case studies, which are actionable. This can be anything, e.g. Any research or any new invention.
- Take a trip down memory lane: Share photos of old logos, websites or your very first product, which will be attractive to certain people, so get them on board Loyal customers who are with you since your beginning will definitely love this.
- Make a tutorial of your product: Make your customers know about your product. This can be DIY tutorials as well as those explaining your product benefits.
- Write about an event you participated: Write about some events and share your thoughts. People love to know what’s happening in the world. Certain events help you get more attention from target audience or even other viewers.
- Pictures with quotes: Share pictures with famous quotes that are inspirational, emotional, related to work, or about events, holiday, etc. Certain quotes actually speak out the words that are in our mind, hence are liked by people because they are relevant to what one thinks.
- Do a simple Good Deed: Social responsibility is the thing that every company must consider. Visiting a charitable organization, organizing blood donation camps, and conducting events, such as, Yoga for children living in orphanages. Then share the activity on social media, this will definitely boost your results.
- Play a Game: Post a trivia question and offer a reward for getting the answer right. This works with anyone. Take it as far as you like. You can see media people doing this. Just check the business pages of any radio station, and you will find what they do for listeners. Try it out, it will help you a lot.
- Remind Them Of Something They Already Know: Restate something they know, such as, reminding them to pay taxes, exercise, vote. We are all busy with something, and even we know need to do something, we don’t it because we forget, or are lack of awareness as to why things must be done. Hence, it is necessary to remind them that this is the time that we can do something.
- Embrace Life Hacks: Share a simple idea that makes something easier, more efficient or more fun.
- Share Other People’s Updates: Share other people’s content, which is important or funny. Let’s say you liked something very much， this can be updated so that your customers can also benefit from it.
- Thank Someone Who Helped Out: Appreciate the best service you have received and thank him or her on social media. Appreciating one on social media is a great thing to do as this will create a feeling that you care for others as well and not only your business.
- Ultimate Lists of Resources: In order to get more engagement, share latest tips, e.g. tips for cleaning kitchen or whatever that suits your industry or you think will get more audience.
- “YOU” (Your Audience): Write more about “You” focused updates that show genuine interest in your audience.
- ‘Caption this’: Post a picture and ask your audience to come up with creative or funny captions. This is one of the widely adopted ideas and has offered successful outcomes because brain storming exercises are loved by people.
- Tag another Facebook page: Get something good back by helping promoting other business. The more you give out to the society, the more you will get back. Share other business pages on your page and try to promote their services as well.
- Sharing breaking industry news: Stay on top of what’s going on in your industry or niche by using Google Alerts. This will attract more audience.
- Share country-specific holidays: Wish your audience from around the world happy holidays. Social media is for everyone, so be it Christmas or Independence Day in Pakistan, wish them all.
- Post product recall notices: Try to be the first to post any important information, such as safety information to your followers.
- Fan of the month: Let your brand ambassadors know they are appreciated. It will keep them glued to your fan page.
- Promote a free download: This could be anything, audience love to see anything that’s free. More downloads mean more people have visited your page.
- Encourage your followers to support a cause: Post a link to an online fundraiser, this will help the needy as well as help you to get good number of followers, especially those interested in donating money.
- Post an unexpected use for your product: This will help you engage your audience, and do not forget to ask for their ideas. Once you get the idea that really works, reward them with something, like cash back offers, or free products.
- Tell a story: Share a funny or interesting story from your life. Stories are loved by almost all people, hence these serve as quick eye catchers. Further, a story with message and emotional contents can help you get good audience.
Among these 48 ideas, you can choose those are related to your business or the ones you feel can be applied on your social media business page. Use them and see the results, further if you are successful in getting more engagement, then do share these ideas with others as well. Let others be benefitted as you did.
Want to get more tips and tricks about promoting your social media page? Stay connected with Global Yogi, a well known Digital marketing company offering cost effective marketing and branding services in Melbourne.
Stay tuned for more updates!